Hi Foxy People! It’s “Foodie Friday” and we made it through another week. We did that! lol. Black History Month is in full swing and I wanted to highlight a few Black-owned, plant-based restaurants here in the DFW. Today, we are showing off Peace.Love.&Eatz Smoothie Bar . Located in the Grow Desoto Market Place, you can enjoy plant based gems created by Chef James McGee. I have my full review below!
Peace.Love.&Eatz Smoothie Bar
Things to know
- The restaurant is located in the Grow Desoto Market Place. It reminds me of the setup at the Dallas Farmers Market. An incubator for small businesses to thrive, which is great! I appreciate any space that is down to help our communities to grow and flourish while promoting people to shop local.
- Not only is there a full food menu, there is a menu that is just as long for smoothies! I love smoothies so much and I enjoy the fact that there isn’t dairy or almond milks being used to create them. You have natural juices or coconut water. This is lovely when you really want a pure, fruit smoothie!
- Store hours are only from Wednesday to Sunday. 9 am – 7 pm Wed-Sat & 12 pm – 5 pm on Sundays. They are open late enough for you to enjoy a meal right after work and open all day on Saturday for you to enjoy a day of good eating.
- I was instantly drawn to the ‘Shroom Sammich. It is made of fried oyster mushrooms topped with tomato, avocado, pickled onions & mixed greens on a warm pretzel bun; served with fries drizzled with cashew or hemp sauce. I asked the Cashier which one they preferred and they suggested the cashew one. It was a great choice! I loved how soft the pretzel bread was, although it doesn’t take much for me to be sold on pretzel bread. It’s my favorite bun for burgers. I’m happy they chose this as their signature bun because there aren’t too many places that offer it. The mushrooms were crunchy and seasoned very well. The sweet potato fries gave a good sweetness to counter the mushrooms.
- Something extra: “Sunshine” Smoothie – Made of Pineapple, Mango, Coconut Water, Passion Fruit Juice. It comes in 2 sizes – 12 oz. & 24 oz. I had the 12 oz. and it was plenty. This smoothie was so good and refreshing. I just good in my soul and light. Can’t wait to try the other options.
© Copyright 2019 Foxy Veggies – All Rights Reserved