Hi Foxy People!
I’m a couple weeks behind with sharing my Denver Adventures. I know, I know lol. Let’s just say I had to catch up on my life here in Dallas and I hit the ground running with work and trying other food places. Regardless, I had a great foodie experience in Denver. Denver had to have been one of the most peaceful places I’ve ever visited in my life! It’s something about being in the mountains and seeing the beautiful red rock formations mixed with the blue skies. It’s breathtaking. The city was quiet too. It seemed that everything and everyone was just quietly enjoying life. I’m used to the hustle and bustle of cars buzzing by, trains, and people everywhere. It was nice to take a step back from all of that for a change. It was pretty dope to experience all of this with my girls and close friends.
One major thing that we share as friends is that we love food and we love to try new places. Our little planner of the group, Brittany, hooked us up with some great places to try for brunch while we were there. She nailed it! Our top 2 places to try in Denver were Denver Biscuit Company& Snooze
Check out the mini reviews below!
Denver Biscuit Company
Things to know…
- They open at 8 am and close at 2 pm. Don’t get caught up and miss out. Plan your brunch arrival time to about 11 am – noon. This way you get to accommodate the wait time on the list.
- Obviously, this restaurant caters to their biscuits. The majority of the menu will have a biscuit involved and it’s worth it.
- They have good drinks too. Try a mimosa!
Biscuits + Gravy
Biscuit smothered in housemade sausage or vegetarian mushroom gravy. You can add an egg as well
- You have no idea how hard it can be to find vegetarian friendly options at restaurants sometimes. Even something as simple as gravy. If it’s made with meat in any way, it’s not vegetarian lol. I’m happy they got it right and provided an option for us veggie friendly peeps. That biscuit was SO buttery and good. Adding a scrambled egg on top just gave it that next step up that it needed.
Snooze an AM Eatery
I loved the bright colors and retro diner style of the restaurant. They have unique seating outside of the traditional tables. They have circle seating available for big parties. It’s perfect because everyone can see one another and not feel left out of the conversation.
Things to know…
- No reservations can be made in advance. You have to wait in line like everybody
- They close at 2 pm. Again, don’t get caught up and miss out on this great food by showing up late. They will be closed.
- Minor need to know, but it helps if you are particular about food. Snooze changes their jelly choices each day. So if you are a die hard grape or strawberry fan, you may need to branch out if they don’t have it. I liked that change up because it doesn’t get boring and you can try something new.
3 Egg Omelet or Scramble
Farm fresh eggs with a choice of three fillings served with hash browns and choice of toast or tortillas **Tofu scramble option as well**.
- This omelet was perfect. You get to chose whatever toppings you want to have in your omelet. There is a limit to the number of toppings you can add in for free. I believe it’s 3 free options and then an additional cost after, but who needs more than 3 in an omelet?I also liked the options in toast. That sounds petty lol, but I like to have more than a white or wheat bread option and they offered some many. I opted for my favorite, Sourdough bread.
If you have any suggestions on some great restaurants to try in Denver, leave a comment below. I love interacting with my Foxies. As usual, follow me on Instagram for daily posts and updates, @foxyveggies.
View this post on Instagram
Breakfast of Champions and the best biscuit I've EVER had 🍳. Thinking about the dope brunch we had on our Denver trip. @denverbiscuitco did not disappoint. That's mushroom gravy on my plate, so its Vegetarian friendly too! A go to stop if you're ever in Denver ✔ #denver #localeats #foodies #dallasbloggers #foodbloggers #vegetarian #chef #cook #eat #brunch #breakfast #vibes #stayfoxy
© Copyright 2018 Foxy Veggies – All Rights Reserved